MAPS - PM PNT
Mounted Assured PNT System (MAPS)
MOUNTED ASSURED POSITIONING, NAVIGATION, AND TIMING (PNT) SYSTEM (MAPS)
The MAPS enables mounted Army forces to shoot, move, and communicate in GPS challenged environments. It Assures PNT through integrity checks of, and access to multiple integrated, modular, lean, layered PNT sources. MAPS fuses Assured PNT (APNT) sources and then distributes APNT data to on-board client systems. MAPS is a Program Executive Office Intelligence, Electronic Warfare & Sensors (PEO IEW&S) Program of Record (POR).
Benefit to the Soldier
The MAPS enables mounted maneuver operations with audacity, combat power, tempo, and momentum in GPS challenged environments.
Maps Gen I
- Quick-Reaction Capability (QRC) delivering the “fight tonight”
- An integrated solution including an Anti-Jam Antenna, ensuring access to GPS in a denied environment
- Provides resiliency in Multi-Domain Operations (MDOs)
Maps Gen II
- Next Generation Capability
- Provides increased GPS protection capability via sensor fusion algorithms and non-Radio Frequency sensors.
- Upgrades include:
- PNT Fusion
- Path to ALTNAV
- Open standard interfaces (ASPN, VICTORY)